The Norwich Liberal Jewish Community aims to reach out to all those seeking to live a Jewish life with liberal values that recognise the developing character of our Jewish tradition. We practice a modern form of Judaism that takes into account the realities of modern life.
We are a welcoming community in Norwich, reaching out to all Jews and those with an interest in Judaism, including those who wish to convert. We place special value on Jewish learning.
As an inclusive and egalitarian community, we welcome Jews from other strands of Judaism who have felt excluded. We are proud to be liberal Jews willing to engage with the wider community, tackling poverty, environmental concerns, inequality, and other forms of injustice.
Some of our values include –
- engaging in a meaningful way with Jewish texts, history, tradition and culture
- being inclusive and accepting of others who are different
- a belief in personal freedom and responsibility
- repairing the world (tikkun olam) and social justice
- valuing people and striving at all times to be respectful and honest.
We want to make the world a better place for everyone.